Selling your home requires a whole lot more than just sticking a sign in the front yard and a lock-box on the front door. When you list your home for sale, especially in today’s real estate environment, it’s critical that you Sell Smart!
We are experts in listing and selling your home in Atlanta and communities such as East Cobb, Roswell, Marietta, Sandy Springs, Dunwoody, Milton, Alpharetta, Johns Creek and Cumming. Experience has shown us how people buy houses in Cobb, Fulton and DeKalb. Listing and selling your home does not have to be complicated, we “Simplify Real Estate” by taking a pragmatic approach to listing and selling your home.
The fact is, most people buy a house based primarily on emotions. Therefore, the main goal of Selling Smart is getting potential buyers to feel an emotional connection with your home—having them mentally “move into your home” as soon as they walk in the front door.
Having shown thousands of homes, I can tell you from experience that buyers are turned off by homes for sale that are in anything less than top-notch shape. This goes for both cosmetics and maintenance. Most home buyers start picking up on things both little and big immediately (even subconsciously), making a mental list of turn-on’s and turn-off’s so preparation when selling your home is critical.
As part of our Sell Smart! Program for selling your home, we help you address each of the three critical areas that are neglected by many home sellers:
• Staging: This is simply preparing your home for sale in such a way that potential home buyers can more easily envision themselves living in it. This is very difficult for a home seller to do on their own, they are just too close to the situation. Having a professional’s input and following their advice is paramount to getting your home sold fast and for top dollar.
• Cosmetics: We’ll look at your home from a real estate buyer’s viewpoint, not yours, and suggest things you can do so that it shows in the best light to them. By working both the selling and buying side as a realtor we see both sides and keep up with the trends buyers are seeing in homes for sale. Beware of listing only agents, they can’t keep up with the “real” market.
• Repairs: My experience in contracting and home inspections enables me to spot many repairs an inspector will flag on a buyer’s inspection report so we can address them upfront when selling your home. Many agents ignore issues that could have been addressed upfront leaving them until a transaction in play when you will feel forced to take care them based on the edicts of the buyer.
The Sell Smart! Program is based on three simple premises:
1. First impressions when selling your home are everything, so make them count.
2. You must get potential home buyers to “move into your home” emotionally.
3. Taking care of repairs before listing your home for sale removes a large potential obstacle from receiving offers and/or negotiating offers with potential home buyers later.
Repairs are a great example something that can easily be handled up-front and yield on great return on investment. A handful of even small repairs can give a home buyer cold feet in a hurry. It’s human nature to look for reasons to back out of a purchase as large as a new home at the last minute, so don’t give them any more than they may already have!
When you are buying a home we have a strategy to simplify the process and move much of the work to the front of the process so you can have less stress when looking for your next home and enjoy the process of buying a new home. Our “Buy Smart” program for buying a house will show you how.